Gia - session 580 - lunging over jumps

 I worked with Gia lunging over several jumps in the field yesterday.  After warming up a little at the trot on the lunge line, I started with my white pipes jump.  That one is pretty easy for her, and she even just trotted it a couple of times.  Then I moved on to a harder one - the brick wall.  She stopped at it the first time, but, surprisingly, went over it hesitatingly the second time.  I had her do it a couple more times to make sure it was good, and she was fantastic for the rest of them, even eager to get to it!  I gave her a treat after each good one, so that helped a lot!  Next, I had her do my skinny barrel jump.  It's just two barrels together on their side, but compared to most of the rest of the cross country jumps, it is very skinny and easy to dodge.  She had no problems with it at all!  Finally, we worked on a new jump I have out there.  It's an old water trough that has a crack in it, so no good for holding water.  I have put it upside down, and it's quite tall and skinny.  She did try to dodge it a few times, but it looked like she wasn't trying to avoid it, just trying to figure it out.  Eventually, she went right over it with no problems!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP