Gia - session 573 - jumping

 I worked with Gia at home yesterday, in my arena, on a little bit of jumping.  She warmed up very well with stretching at the walk, nice walk/trot transitions, and some nice trot work with changes of bend all over the ring.  We went over a few poles first, and those felt pretty good and quiet.  When we started jumping, she was a little sluggish at first, but I easily moved her up to a better speed.  However, when she landed from the jumps, she wanted to canter away and add some flair (a buck here and there).  Each time, I pushed her through it with more leg, but kept working on getting her to soften at the same time.  It took several jumps, but we gradually worked through it, and the cantering after the last couple of jumps was quieter, although I could still hear her tail swishing behind me.  For those who don't know, the tail swishing is often a sign of irritation, and if you watch her videos, she always swishes her tail right before a buck.  Still, this was progress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP