Gia - session 562 - lesson with Suzin

 Gia and I had a lesson with Suzin today.  We started with free walk, then walk to trot transitions.  Suzin was insistent that I keep Gia together during the transitions, and that she not come up against my hand.  It only took a few tries and repetitions before Gia was surging into the trot with a lot more push from behind!  

We played a little with turn-on-the-haunches, and with lengthenings, and with shoulder-in for straightness.  During the walk to trot transitions, Gia felt like she might canter a few times, so we went back and worked on walk to canter transitions with the same parameters as the walk to trot transitions.  She also had me hold my hands a bit higher, at times, to help keep her poll up.  It was obviously harder, especially to the right, but Gia was eager to try.  She did throw in a few bucks, some wrong leads, and apparently even a baby capriole!  I was able to get several really nice canters in each direction though, and I even felt a couple of steps of canter pirouette!  Of course I wasn't asking for either of those difficult moves, and technically it was a disobedience of her to offer them, but it's very exciting to know Gia is talented enough to offer them.  One day we will ask for them for real!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP