Gia - session 551 - light jumping

 I started Gia off with some stretching at the walk.  She felt a bit tight on the right at first, but after some bending and stretching work, she was feeling much more supple.  I picked her up into a nice medium walk, and worked on walk/trot transitions.  Each time she went against my hand in the transition, I halted, softened and proceeded to try again.  Eventually, I was able to get a transition to trot that was more supple.  

At the trot, I felt her haunches trailing to the right a lot, so I did some leg yielding to the right, with the shoulder leading, which led to her haunches being more to the left.  Once she was straighter, I worked over some of the jumps in the ring.  She would only trot over the smaller jumps, so I had to canter a bit to put her over the larger ones.  Her canter and jump to the left was fine.  Her canter and jump to the right was a bit less balanced and difficult for her.  There was a little bucking, but I didn't feel like it was naughtiness, but rather frustration from lack of push and balance.  I worked on a circle to the right, with a single jump, until she felt a little better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP