Gia - session 547 - dressage

 I took Gia for a walk on the trail to warm up.  She was a little nervous, but not too bad.  I worked on stretching at the walk.  Back in the arena, I worked on walk halt transitions.  Once she was obedient, I worked on walk trot transitions.  She was feeling a little stuck, so I threw in lengthenings to get her more forward, as needed.  I needed them here and there throughout my ride.  She was also feeling like her haunches were going to left, but her body was going to the right.  I worked on getting her to bend and soften on the right side, but to carry her haunches to the right as well.  I used a variety of lateral movements to help her with this - leg yield, haunches-in, shoulder-in, etc.  I also did a little bit of canter work.  She was against my right hand, and a bit stuck, at first, but I eventually got a nice canter in each direction.  There was only a tiny bit of bucking when I popped her with the whip to move over.  Other than that, she was very good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP