Gia - session 545 - lunging over jumps

 I worked with Gia on the lunge line in the field today.  Once she was warmed up with some trot work, I started putting her over jumps.  I didn't have much time today, so I started tackling the hard jumps right away.  I've been starting with the tires, and those have been difficult, but the other "hard" jumps haven't been as hard afterwards.  So, I decided to start with a different "hard" jump today - the brick wall.  She was actually quite eager to go over it today!  Once she had done it both directions without fumbling, we moved on to the tires.  Those went well also!  Then we finished with the corner jump.  She actually didn't want to wait for me to get there, she was eager to take it early!  She even could have dodged it a couple of times due to her approach, but willingly chose to go over the jump instead!  I will be on the lookout for some new "scary" jumps now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP