Gia - session 527 - flatwork

 I worked with Gia today on her flatwork.  I did A LOT of stretching down and picking her back up at the walk, until she could do it without resistance.  Then we repeated the same exercise at the trot.  Her transitions were a lot better than usual - much softer and less resistant.  I worked all over the ring, and also did a little shoulder-in.  Finally, I tried some canter transitions.  She was tight at times, and bucked a little.  But as soon as she did, I reprimanded her and then put her right into a stretchy trot with transitions to working trot.  I also tried a few canter transitions while she was stretched down.  We did get a few that did not include bucking, so I only went a couple of strides before bringing her back to the trot.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP