Gia - session 522 - light dressage

 Saturdays are busy days, so I only had time for a brief ride with Gia today.  So, I made the most of it.  She started out feeling tense, like she has the last couple of rides.  I ignored it/didn't make a big deal of it, and just made simple, small requests of her.  BUT, I MADE SURE, to REWARD her with my voice (she really loves to hear that she is a "good girl!"), and a softening of my aids.  Within minutes, she had let go of her tension and angry attitude, and was tuned in to me and waiting for my next request.  All we did was some walk, trot, leg yields, bending, good corners, transitions, and haunches-in.  Today was about "Quality Over Quantity"!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP