Gia - session 502 - jumping the scary tires

 Gia was quite put off by one of my tire jumps in the field last week, so I decided to tackle it today.  I started by lunging her over it.  It took several tries to get her over it on the lunge line, but once I did, I used my clicker to reward her, and then gave her a treat.  Every time she went over it, I clicked and treated her.  Eventually, she was going back and forth over it much better.  I did make it a little smaller and longer to make it a little easier.  Not sure why it is so scary to her, but it is what it is.

Under saddle, I tackled it again.  Going back and forth over it, and clicking and treating her with each effort.  When she was doing that jump fairly well, I played over a few of the other jumps, including the bench and the cordwood jump that I made larger and skinnier.  She was a little put off by the "newer" cordwood jump, and only caught barely the side of it the first two times.  Eventually, I was able to get her over it more centered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP