Gia - session 495 - jumping in the arena

 I warmed Gia up with some stretching at the walk and trot.  I also did a little bit of bending and leg yields.  She felt a little stiffer to the left, and it was hard for her to stretch at the trot at first. 

When I picked her up and started jumping, she did very well!  She never tried anything naughty, even though it was quite windy, and even though a barrel fell over when she was nearby.  I jumped quite a few jumps, from crossrails up to about 2'3" with no problems.  I mainly focused on keeping an even feel in both hands and feet, and allowing her to figure out what to do.  She made a lot of good choices!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP