Gia - session 494 - dressage with Suzin

 Gia and I had a lovely dressage lesson with Suzin today!

After warming up with some stretching, we did a lot of transitions between walk and trot and halt, with some rein back here and there.  Several times throughout the ride, Gia even offered to canter.  It was always a nice, more collected canter, with no bucking.  I brought her back as soon as I felt it start to come apart.

We also did a bit of work on shoulders-in.  Finally, Suzin had us do a fun exercise where we started on centerline with a little leg yield towards the rail for a step or two, then haunches-in for a step or two, then back to leg yield, etc.  When I felt the shoulders leading and the haunches trailing in the shoulder-in, that's when I would ask for haunches-in.  As soon as things fell apart, I would go back to the leg yield.  I think we got one or two steps that were halfway decent in each direction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP