Gia - session 491 - trail riding

 I needed an easy day on a horse today, so I took Gia out on the trail for a relaxing walk.  Of course, it's never completely relaxing with a young horse.  She did pretty well, for the most part, just a little nervous and looky.  However, when we got to the part where there is a bit of a mud puddle in the path, we had a hard time.  I kept trying to get her to go forward from the saddle, but it was no use.  I had to hop off and lead her over the puddle.  After I led her back and forth a few times, I attempted to get back on.  No easy feat with a 17 hand horse in the woods with no logs to step on, and in my jump saddle with the shorter stirrups.  I ended up having to lengthen my stirrup several holes, and then managed to climb back on.  

When I got back to the ring, I just wanted to pop her over a couple of jumps and be done.  The jumps were good, but in between a few of them, she started bucking pretty hard.  So much for the easy ride.  I pushed her through it, and we ended with a decent jump and no bucking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP