Gia - session 486 - lots of flatwork

 Gia and I had a lesson with Suzin this morning.  After warming up with some stretching and bending at the walk, we worked on walk trot transitions.  We worked a lot on softening her and keeping her off my hands,  We did a lot of bending and transitions between walk and trot and halt.  She was a little distracted by a new horse, but the lateral work and transitions helped to get her attention.  

We also worked on some shoulder-in in preparation for the canter transition.  Her canter work today was quite good - only a hint of a naughty moment or two.  Since the canter work was going so well, Suzin had us work on our transitions in and out, as well as collecting and softening at the canter.  I worked some without my stirrups to get a better feel with my leg.  Gia gave me several nice moments at the canter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP