Gia - session 484 - lunging and flatwork

 Since Gia was bucking so much on Friday, I lunged her before riding her today.  It was only about 6 minutes of trotting and cantering, and she seemed pretty laid back.  

Under saddle I worked on stretching and bending at the walk, then more of the same at the trot.  She kicked up her hind end just a little bit one time, and I sent her forward.  She didn't do anything naughty the rest of the ride. 

I did a little bit of shoulder-in and haunches-in at the trot in preparation for the canter.  I ended up getting several really nice transitions in both directions!  I could even feel her start to sit down a little bit more in her canter transitions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP