Gia - session 477 - easy flatwork day

 It's a Monday!  My brain was so busy with all the things I had to think of today that I completely forgot to lunge Gia.  Luckily, she was pretty good and didn't really need it.

I started with some walk work, really hammering down on her attention today.  Every time she tried to look around, I would move the bit on the opposite side of her mouth, deepen my seat bone, and push with my leg until she softened and paid more attention to me.  I had to repeat this a lot at the walk and trot.  I did this little exercise in combination with a lot of lateral work like leg yields, bending on circles, changes of direction, and even some baby shoulder-ins.  When she felt more attentive, I asked for the canter.  She became a bit tense, but she did not make a naughty move.  I only had time to canter a little today, but she was good for both directions.  Also, when she became more attentive, she became a lot more relaxed and gave me a nice free walk at the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP