Gia - session 474 - more flatwork

 Suzin came out for a lesson with Gia and I today.  I was running a bit behind, so no lunging today.  Luckily, she didn't seem to need it, but we also didn't do any cantering today.

We started with some work on the walk - stretching down, lengthening, collecting, softening.  She was very responsive to everything I asked.  

At the trot we did a lot of transitions and softening.  Anytime she came even slightly against my hand, I had to soften her and/or make a transition.  We worked all over the arena, with lots of figures and bending as well.  Suzin really had us focusing on how steady we could keep things together - definitely a challenge for a young horse, but Gia seemed to get the idea and we had a lot of nice moments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP