Gia - session 469 - dressage lesson with Suzin

 I lunged Gia for about 10 minutes today before my lesson with Suzin.  She was nice and quiet and balanced in her canter on the lunge.

Under saddle, she had a really nice, big, ground covering and relaxed walk to start out with.  We did a lot of work at the trot on bending, leg yielding and a little shoulder-in.  There were a few times that she felt stuck and didn't want to go forward, so I pushed her on into a canter.  She did fuss a few times with kicking out, but each time I pushed her more forward.  Her negative attitude was very brief today.  We didn't focus too much on the canter, but rather on the quality of the trot work.  We did a lot of down transitions, whenever she came against my hand, then I would soften her and send her back up again.  She was much more supple and responsive by the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP