Gia - session 461 - flatwork

 I didn't have much time to work with Gia this morning, so I did not lunge her to start with, even though I had a feeling she was not going to be on her best behavior.

I was right.

She wasn't any worse than usual, but she was snorting a little when I stretched her out and warmed her up at the walk.  When I asked for trot, she must have had in her head that we were going to be working on the canter, because she immediately got defensive and didn't want to go forward.  When I insisted, she threw in a few good bucks, just for asking for trot.  I had no intentions of asking her for canter with the little time I had, but apparently that didn't matter to Gia.  I stuck with it, however, and kept asking for her to go forward until she finally let go and moved on.  Once I got her through her tantrum, her trot work was really quite good.  I did a little bit of bending and straightening, but it was mostly about going forward today.

That was hard enough for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP