Gia - 466 - schooling at a show

 Since yesterday was so horrible, and today we were at a show, meaning it could be even more horrible, I decided to lunge the crap out of Gia before riding her.  I will typically just lunge her until she is more relaxed and focused on me, but today I went on until she was breathing hard, sweaty, and nostrils a little flaring (and most of it was at the canter).  

She was remarkably good after that!  I didn't push it though, and the ring was much quieter than when we go to the Carolina Horse Park.  I did a lot of walking and stretching, then a bit of trot work.  That was all feeling pretty good, so I popped her over a few little jumps (although I did have to raise them a bit for her to actually jump them).  She even cantered after a couple of them and it was very good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP