Gia - 465 - more bucking ... er ... flatwork

 Well, I earned my belt buckle today, and you might see Gia at the National Finals Rodeo this year.  At least we'd get to go to Vegas!

I started her out with some long lining, mostly at the canter.  She was pretty good - no bucking, and not even fussy.  She was saving it all for the under saddle work ...

Once I got on, I walked her over a few poles and allowed her to stretch for a few minutes, then I picked her up to a trot.  Fairly quickly we moved in the canter work.  Right off the bat, Gia started bucking all over the ring, with very few breaks.  I managed to stick it out, and to keep her going, but when I was finally able to take a break (because she finally went forward without bucking for a few steps), I was exhausted, my lungs were burning and I was thirsty.  I knew I couldn't just end the ride there or it would be worse the next time.  So, I took a few minutes at the walk to catch my breath, and then we went another round.  Things went about the same the second time, but I think I got to a good moment a little quicker.  Another break, and we went again.  We went round after round after round, until she could finally canter off without throwing a fit.  I gave her a break, and then we went again until I was able to get three rounds that had more cantering than bucking.  By the last round, I don't think she bucked at all.  Hopefully, this was her last hurrah, and things will go uphill from here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP