Gia - 462 - long lining

 It was pouring at Castle Farm today, so I decided to work on some long lining with Gia in the round pen.

She was actually really good for the work!  She was ready to canter when I asked.  She was a bit against my inside line in both directions, but after several transitions, I was able to get her a bit softer.

After the long lining, Danielle dressed her up in her shipping boots while I pulled the trailer forward and left the truck on.  This was another good opportunity to work on loading her with almost everything the way it will be when I want to take her to CDP tomorrow.  I thought that working her first might keep her from reacting they way she does on Tuesday mornings, but it did not.  She was still hesitant to get on the trailer the first time, and I had to get her to follow me on rather than her getting on by herself.  As soon as she got through the first time, she was much better!  I backed her off and put her back on several more times.  She was really good with all the repetitions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP