Gia - session 458 - lunging and flatwork

 Another several days of no work for Gia due to the weather, so I started her off with lunging today.  She was immediately relaxed, submissive and obedient.  After a few walk/trot transitions, I asked for several canter transitions.  She was grumpy but obedient.

Under saddle, I started with some bending at the walk and trot - lots of circles in corners in each direction.  Once she was a bit softer, I asked for haunches in at the walk and trot.  She was very responsive tracking left, but it was more difficult for her tracking right.  Once she was getting it better, I urged her to go a little quicker, and then, on her own, she picked up the canter.  She did throw in a buck or two, especially at the beginning, but they weren't bad, and it was much easier to push her through.  Her canter was quite fast at first, but I used a spiraling-in circle to help get it under control, and I ended up with a pretty decent canter at least once in each direction. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP