Gia - session 449 - clipping and trailer practice

 The ground was too frozen to ride this morning, so we worked on alternate learning today.  I am planning to take Gia to an event this weekend, so this was a good opportunity to clip her and get her ready.  She stood almost perfectly for the clipping - she was just a little fidgety when I worked on her ears.  Thinking back to how she was a year ago - she has come a LONG way!

I also worked with her on getting on the bigger trailer.  The smaller trailer was parked where we couldn't use it today, or we would have also worked on that one.  However, Gia hasn't been on the bigger trailer either, since our last outing (where I had to slam on my brakes).  She hesitated a little bit on her first attempt, but I kept a consistent pressure on her leadline (using a rope halter), and her hesitations only lasted a few minutes.  Once she got on, I had a yummy treat of a small amount of grain waiting for her.  I backed her off (which she did very politely), then we went right back on.  That time there was no hesitation at all.  We went off and on a few more times, but she never resisted after the first try.  Hopefully, things will go as smoothly the next time I try the smaller trailer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP