Gia - 444 - free lunging in the round pen

 Gia was a little naughty when Danielle went to catch her for work today. The weather was pretty crappy - very cold, snowing sideways, very wet and windy.  She usually has a really good work ethic, and is usually excited to get busy.  I think, today, she just didn't feel like working in this crap (and I can't say I blame her).  Regardless, she is still not allowed to misbehave.  So, since she was naughty, and since she'd had a few more days off work due to the holidays, I decided we would do some loose work in the round pen.

Basically, I just wanted her to move forward and away from me if I asked her to, or used the whip.  She started out very resistant and sassy, but it only took a few reminders before she quit fussing when I sent her forward.  Then she went to the other extreme and started to get too fast.  Each time she did, I made her stop and change direction.  That got pretty tiresome for her after a while, then she finally started to act more submissively.  Once she was consistently trotting at a relaxed pace, lowering her head, and licking and chewing, I allowed her to stop and end her workout.  Hopefully, this lesson will stick with her for a while ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP