Gia - session 433 - flatwork

 I worked with Gia on her flatwork today.  I added my version of the "Equiband" - basically just a standing wrap that goes around her hind legs and attaches to the girth on either side.  She seemed a bit upset about it at first, but eventually settled down.  

At the walk, we worked on a lot of stretching.  When I picked her up to a medium walk, she felt very resistant.  I basically spent the rest of the ride working on softening her up.  I did a lot of bending, flexing and changing of direction, as well as some lateral work like leg yield and shoulder-in.  I also did a lot of transitions.  She was a bit naughty at times, but by the end she was going around much better - more obedient and much softer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP