Gia - session 432 - long lining

 I worked with Gia in long lines today.  I mainly focused on getting her to soften on the inside rein, and move into the outside rein, allowing me to let go of my cue on the inside rein.  This is not an easy task for any horse, and she was no different.  It seemed particularly difficult for her tracking right at the walk, but tracking left at the trot.  I worked on keeping a consistent feel in my outside rein, while moving the bit, or wiggling, the inside rein.  When she would soften on the inside and move towards the outside, then I could let go with my inside rein cue and see if she could maintain it herself.  That last part is the hardest part, but she did give me a few good moments at each gait, in each direction!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP