438 - lunging and flatwork after a long break

 So, Gia had about a week off while I was in the hospital last week for a kidney infection (definitely no fun!).  I'm feeling 100% better today, so back to work!  Gia seemed very eager to work, as she almost put the bit in her mouth by herself!  I did opt to lunge her today, just in case she had some extra energy.  She was pretty "normal" on the lunge today, so after about 7 minutes, I hopped on to ride.

We started with a lot of stretching and bending at the walk.  We also did some transitions between medium walk and free walk.  She felt pretty good with all that, although a little stiffer on the left side.  When I picked up the trot, I expected some drama, but my ride today was completely drama free!  At the trot, we did a lot of work on bending and stretching, with baby leg yields.  We also worked a lot on walk trot transitions, and even some trot halt transitions as well.  By the end of our ride, she was much more supple, and very relaxed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP