Gia - session 420 - long lining

 I worked with Gia in long lines today.  I mainly focused on getting her to flex more to the inside at all gaits.  She was more resistant to the left than she was to the right.  To help her get the idea, I had to teach her to flex at the halt, which also meant a few reminders not to go backwards when she felt the pressure. Once she got it better at the halt, we worked on it at the walk, then the trot.  At each gait, I had to make sure to keep her moving forward.  There was a bit of tension in the beginning, and even some steps of piaffe when she wasn't getting it.  When she was finally getting it well enough at the trot, I tried a little bit of canter work.  Her canter was actually quite good!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP