Gia - session 419 - more jumping on the lunge line

 I took Gia out in the field again today to work over some of the jumps on the lunge line.  I started out making sure she was obedient and focused on the line.  I asked her to go forward and to halt several times.  She was a little sluggish to go forward, but very prompt to halt and turn towards me.  

Then we played over a few of the jumps - small, medium and large.  Each time I thought she was ready to approach a jump, I would let out the line, and cue her to move on a little with a "kissing" sound.  For most of the jumps, she would move into a nice canter, measure her approach, and have a nice jump.  She never got too quick, or tried to bolt away today.  She did lose a little focus approaching one jump, and it surprised her, so she stopped.  She realized her mistake though, and thought about going over it.  I let her stand for a minute, in front of it, taking it all in.  Then I asked her to approach it again.  This time it was no problem at all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP