Gia - session 418 - long lining

 I didn't have as much time to work with Gia today as I usually do, so I decided to keep it simple today and just long line her.  I took her out into the dressage arena, where we had more space and less stuff in our way.  I really only had time to get her to work on bending on a circle at the trot in each direction one time.  I did several circles with her in one direction, keeping a consistent connection on the outside line, while I asked her to soften and bend with the inside line.  Once I got her a little better in one direction, I did the same thing the other way.  I could really see her trying to understand what I was asking of her, and really working it out in her mouth.  Long lining always gives me an interesting, and different, perspective on what I'm teaching the horse. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP