Gia - session 410 - more schooling at the show

 I worked with Gia again at the show yesterday.  I lunged her to start with.  She was a bit naughtier this time.  Possibly because we were closer to the trailer and within earshot of her friends, possibly because she was upset at being at the show for two days.  Whatever the reason doesn't really matter.  I still had to insist that she go when I said go and whoa when I said whoa.  She had a really hard time standing still, but did get it eventually.

Under saddle was about the same as the day before.  I was able to get her up to a nice trot in the warm up ring after starting out a bit tense and anxious - trying to get back to the trailer.  Each time I had a good, relaxed moment, whether on the ground or in the saddle, I gave her a small treat.  She didn't get any treats back at the trailer though.  Going back to the trailer is reward enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP