Gia - session 405 - lunging and flatwork in the field

 I lunged Gia in the arena today to start out.  She was fairly good, just a little distracted by some work going on in the arena.

For her under saddle work, I took her out in the field.  There was a new horse in the field adjacent, so she was a little distracted about that.  I started with walk halt transitions until she was obedient to both.  I also worked a little on her straightness at the walk and halt.  Then we moved on to walk trot transitions.  She was a little tense at first, but I just kept doing the transitions and kept asking for the straightness, and eventually I got a really nice, consistent trot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP