Gia - session 402 - flatwork and a little jumping

 I started out with Gia today working on the same things.  She was a bit more tense and grumpy than she has been the last few rides though.  I worked on getting her to relax, and getting her to be straighter, just picking away at those things a little at a time.  At one point during our warm up, she pulled me towards one of the jumps that was set in the arena.  Of course, I pulled her away from it, but it gave me an idea later.  

Once I got her where she was more relaxed, I decided to let her go to a jump and see how she did.  She was very excited (in a good way) about it, and almost immediately seemed to be in a better mood.  So, I let her take several more jumps.  They were pretty small, so some of them she just trotted over.  It's been quite a while since she and I have jumped, and some of her grumpiness could be attributed to boredom over the flatwork, and not getting to have fun over the jumps.  I'm definitely glad to have a horse that enjoys jumping that much!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP