Gia - session 397 - flatwork and lunging

 I was hoping to get to some jumping with Gia today, but she had other things in mind.  I started out with a good stretch at the walk, as well as some light bending work.  When I picked her up to trot, she felt irritable.  I pretty much spent the rest of the time working on getting her to go forward and bend without being pissy.  When I was able to get some good moments, I would let her have a break, but as soon as I picked her back up to work again, she was grumpy again, and we had to start over.  It did get slightly better by the end.  

I decided to finish our session with some work on the lunge line, with her dressed up in the Pessoa.  She was fine at the walk and trot, but when I asked for canter, she would kick out.  As soon as she did, I stopped her and started again.  I started keeping her on a smaller circle at the walk and trot, until she was more relaxed, then I allowed her circle to get bigger.  By the end, she was starting to understand that her tantrums would not be tolerated, and she was going in a more relaxed way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP