Gia - session 396 - dressage lesson with Suzin

 Gia and I had a dressage lesson with Suzin today.  We kept it pretty simple and just worked at the walk and trot, mostly on transitions and keeping Gia together.  She felt a bit tense, like she might have a little tantrum, when I first started with her.  I worked on getting her to stretch down, and just feeding her small amounts of info.  Not too much that she felt the need to explode, but enough that she knew she needed to keep doing something. 

When I picked her up to the trot, I sat the trot at first, until she let go of some of the tension and gave me a trot that I could post to.  Then we worked a lot on positioning, to help get her straighter and more obedient to the transitions.  She ended up giving me a lot of nice moments of suspension and throughness! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP