Gia - session 394 - schooling at a show

 I took Gia to the Sedgefield jumper show today to school around.  I started out lunging her in the Pessoa, and that made a HUGE difference with her!  She was MUCH quieter, right from the start.  She even walked fairly nicely out to the lunging area.  She had much less trouble staying on her feet and keeping herself together.  She did get a bit frisky when I asked for the canter, but she settled down eventually.  Every time she bucked or kicked out, I brought her to a quick halt, then moved on.  

Under saddle, she was a little anxious at first.  Once the walk felt more relaxed, I asked for the trot.  When I started to post the trot, I noticed she got more anxious and thought about bucking, so I decided to try sitting the trot.  That made a HUGE difference in her as well.  For some reason, sitting the trot did not elicit any naughty behavior from her.  And, once she felt more relaxed, I started posting again and she was fine.  

I finished our ride with a long walk around the grounds.  She was nervous, but pushed through.  I only had to hop off when we were almost back at the trailer, but too close to a very scary tack store.  

She did mostly well at the trailer.  She only got upset twice.  Once when I left with Ali, and once when I brought Butch back.  After a reprimand, she was quiet for the rest of the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP