Gia - session 390 - more lunging in the field

 I worked with Gia on the lunge line out in the field again today.  My focus was on obedience to my cues, and she was MUCH better this time!  She was much less inclined to try to trot when she was supposed to be walking, and try to canter when she was supposed to be trotting.  Whenever she did, I brought her back down, and waited until she was more relaxed before asking her to speed up again.  

When she was good with that, I put her over a jump.  I was able to get her over several jumps this time.  She did try to take off a few times when she saw she was approaching a jump.  I would just bring her back and try again until she could approach in a more sensible manner.  I like that she is eager to jump, but she still has to be obedient about it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP