Gia - session 373 - just go forward!

 Gia was extra spicy today!  Every time I asked her to go forward, or move off my right leg especially, she reacted with kicking out, bucking, resisting, or sucking back.  My best guess for her behavior today was due to the significant drop in temperature and the slight breeze.  Every time she reacted negatively to my request, I simply kept asking, monotonously so, until she finally quit her brattiness and moved off my leg.  As soon as she would comply with my request, I would cease the cue and relax as much as possible for as long as possible, until I needed to give her the next cue.  She would get pretty good in the trot, but when I came back to a walk and then wanted to trot again, she would start up with her attitude again.  So, I did a lot of transitions, until she was more obedient.  We did a lot of straightening work, but most of our ride was about having a better attitude.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP