Gia - session 370 - flat and jump in the field

 I started Gia out on the hills today.  She was much stretchier, and felt like she was using her back much better today!

When I picked up the trot, she was more responsive, although still not quite as prompt as I would like.  She was also much softer in the bridle, and much more symmetrical.  She did get a little fussy, not quite sure why, and kicked out a few times, and did a few tiny bucks.  I just kept consistently asking her to straighten and go forward, and she eventually quit.  

We also did a couple of the small jumps, once she felt straighter and more obedient.  I focused on her staying straight and quiet on approach, which was pretty good, and then staying straight afterwards.  I had to halt after a few jumps, partly to help her get straighter, and partly because she got a little excited.  She did canter after one of them, fairly nicely, for a few steps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP