Gia - session 368 - flat and jump at CDP

 Gia and I had a lesson with Charlie today.  We started out with some flatwork, focusing on keeping her nose out in front of her more, especially on transitions (lots more lower leg was needed).

Over fences, I really focused on keeping her rhythm more steady (counting), and keeping her straight, with her nose out in front of her.  For some reason, she stopped at the very first jump.  Not exactly sure why, but she probably saw something she wasn't sure about.  I kept my leg on until she stepped over the first ground pole, and then relaxed and let her look at the jump.  When we came around to it the second time, she took it like there was never any problem.  The rest of the jumps went just as easily.  She even landed on her right lead several times without being asked!  When she did land at the canter, I worked on keeping her poll and neck up so she wouldn't get heavy on the forehand and buck or lose the canter.  She gave me a lot of nice moments today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP