Gia - session 367 - hills and flatwork

 I started Gia out on the hills today at the walk.  She was a little distracted, but gave me a decent stretch eventually.

Back in the arena, I really worked on keeping her body straighter, especially through turns, at the walk and trot.  I used a lot of leg yield, and a modified turn on the haunches to help mobilize her shoulders so they traveled in front of her hips.  Her tempo and energy were much better today than they were for the majority of last week.  At times, I even had a little too much energy!  I also focused a lot on being more precise and prompt in her transitions, both up and down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP