Gia - session 365 - flat work, and a little jumping in the field

 I started with Gia up and down the hills today at the walk.  She was softer almost immediately today, and stretching a lot better.

I continued to work with her in the field, once we were done with the hillwork.  I mainly focused on her flat work, but I did add a few jumps at the end.  I mainly asked her to bend, and change bend, and change direction.  And I also threw in a lot of transitions.  She did have a few moments of resistance (including one big rolling buck), but overall, she was MUCH better than last week in the field.  

I tried to keep the same feel to the jumps, and I also focused on keeping her straighter afterwards.  She halfheartedly picked up the canter, but I didn't push it, since I was more concerned with keeping her straight.  She did have pretty nice take off spots to the jumps, even with no ground lines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP