Gia - session 361 - some flat, some jumping

 Gia was much better behaved today!

I started her out in the field going up and down the hills.  She was resistant at first, but quickly softened and moved better.

I took her back in the ring for the rest of our ride.  We warmed up at the trot, working on staying soft in my hands while also moving forward.  She was a little resistant at first, but MUCH less so than yesterday!

Then I put her over a few jumps.  I did a lot more sitting trot to get a better feel and to get her in front of my leg better.  That really helped her figure out where to take off for the jumps better.  I also focused more on the flatwork in between the jumps.  So, I would take a jump, and then get the flatwork more organized, even if it took a while, before taking the next jump.  

We didn't get to do much today because my time was tight, but the quality was much better today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP