Gia - session 345 - lots of transitions!

 Gia and I had a dressage lesson with Suzin today.  After warming up with a little stretching and bending, we mainly worked on transitions - trot to halt to trot, with some rein-back in there too, then walk to canter to walk.  The main goal was obedience to the aids.  If she didn't respond promptly to the up transition, then I had to kick, then add whip, if necessary.  For the down transition, I started with shoulders back, then tightened abs, then tightened thighs, then tightened hands.  As soon as she responded, I released everything, and I only added the aids necessary to get the transition I wanted.  For the canter to walk transition, it still took most of the aids, most of the time.  She was a bit fussy at the canter, at first.  But once she understood the aid better, her response was better, and she was more relaxed.  I also kept her on a smallish (15 meter) circle, so that helped keep her from getting too carried away at the canter.  She was definitely starting to respond more obediently at the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP