Gia - session 336 - flat and jump at CDP

 I took Gia down to CDP for a lesson today.  I usually let her ride in a double stall in the trailer to give her more room.  I decided to put the divider back in today, to see if maybe she has too much room, and that's why she is kicking.  Well, she definitely didn't have room to kick, but she didn't have enough room in general.  She showed up to CDP with rubs on her butt, and a couple of scrapes on her forehead. :(   On the way home, I moved her to the very last stall in the trailer (it has a little more room, and I couldn't take the divider out until I got home anyway).  When we got home, she seemed ok, so that option might just work out for her!

At CDP, I hopped on without lunging today, and she was pretty good.  I started with some bending and leg yields at the walk and trot to get her softer and obedient and relaxed.  Then Charlie had us go over a few small jumps.  She was a little quick at first, but once I slowed my trot on the approach, that helped a lot.  She got most of her leads correct when she landed, and we schooled the canter - working on getting softer, and lengthening her neck.  She did pretty good with all that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP