Gia - session 324 - jumping in the field

 I took Gia out in the field today for a ride.  I opted not to lunge her since she had done well the last time.  I was not disappointed. ☺

We walked all over both of the main jump fields.  I worked on keeping her straight and focused, but she was very responsive and obedient.  We repeated the same thing at the trot, and she only got quick when she was going downhill and losing her balance.  Each time that happened, I brought her back to a walk to regain her balance, and we trotted again.

I put her over most of the smaller jumps in both fields.  She was super quiet and super willing, even with the banks and ditch!  Anytime she cantered away from a jump, I would work on the canter as well.  It was fairly relaxed, although a little unbalanced.  My fields are so much easier now, as compared to the Horse Park! 

I introduced her to a new jump that we have.  We walked around it in both directions a few times, to get a good look at it.  Then I approached at a trot.  She hesitated, then thought about going over it, but lost her balance and ended up stopping in front of it.  I brought her back around to it again, and this time she was determined.  She made it over the jump, although it was a little awkward.  She seemed a little tired today (probably still recuperating from her big weekend), so I let her end on that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP