Gia - session 316 - clipping

 The weather was a bit crappy today, so I decided to work with Gia on clipping.  Typically, I have a set of cordless clippers that I use for the young horses especially.  It's much easier to stay with them if they decide they want to move away from the clippers.  However, those clippers are being repaired, so all I have is my corded clippers.  She was pretty good for the cordless clippers last time, so I decided we could give the corded ones a shot.

As expected, she was a bit anxious about the long, thin, black "snake" that accompanied the already nerve-racking, buzzing clippers.  After a few minutes, she relaxed enough and was fairly good to have her legs clipped, and fairly good for most of her face.  She got a bit more nervous when I had to move the cord above her head to trim her bridle path, but after a little coaxing she relaxed a bit.  She also allowed me to clip her ears.  And she let me do it all without any grain to keep her occupied!  She wasn't perfect, but I never would have guessed this horse would have come this far with clippers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP