Gia - session 304 - lunge and ride in field

 The fields were nice and dry today, so I opted to take Gia out there for her session today.  I lunged her in the rope halter throughout two of the main fields that we ride in.  She was actually very relaxed and obedient today, so after just a short time, we tacked her up to ride.

Under saddle, she was a little more distracted, but not too bad.  I basically worked all over both fields, doing lots of circles and changes of direction, and leg yields.  I also encouraged her to stretch, and, when she was straight and relaxed, I encouraged more trot.  I kept her just to walk and trot work today.  Horses were a little crazy today - it was cooler, windier, the mares are all in heat, and several of them were running around and hollering.  I decided to keep everything as easy as possible and not push my luck today! ☺

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP