Gia - session 298 - disappointing show

 I took Gia to the Sharon Oaks show today to hang out and school a bit.

She was an absolute brat for the most part!

She had to stand on the trailer for a while before it was her turn, but no longer than she usually does.  She was throwing quite a tantrum on the trailer, almost the whole time - pawing, piaffing, kicking out, hollering.  

When it was finally her turn, I pulled her off, put on a rope halter and lunge line, and went right to work lunging her.  It took a while before she was paying more attention to me than her surroundings, and it took a while for her to relax.  I didn't quite get her as good as I would have liked before I had to help my next student, but sometimes that's the way it goes.

I took her down to hang out at the side of the show ring.  She did a bit of hollering and moving around, but not too bad.  Eventually, she did quiet down and stand still.

Definitely not her best day.  Maybe next time ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP