Gia - session 279 - jumping, but no rushing

 Gia felt a little excited this morning.  Possibly because it was a little cooler and breezier than it has been, but she was also carrying her tail a little higher than usual, so she could have been in heat.

We started with stretching at the walk, which was pretty good.  We also worked on medium walk to free walk and back again.

When I picked her up to the trot, she felt a bit tense and stiff.  I did a lot of circles and figures to help her loosen up.  I also circled whenever she got too quick.

When we started jumping, I kept the jumps fairly low for her today so that we could work on not rushing before or after the jumps.  She definitely started out too quick, and every time I felt her speed up, I would do a circle.  Sometimes, this was before the jump, but most of the time it was after the jump.  As soon as she would take a jump without rushing, I praised her and let her take a walk break.  She did have several good jumps, and she was even able to put two jumps together without rushing before, between or after them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gia - session 955 - lesson at CDP

Gia - session 956 and 957 - War Horse schooling and show

Gia - session 947 - lesson at CDP